It’s time to go over some of the top electrical upgrades for 2023. This is a big topic because it covers a plethora of ways to enhance your home, functionally and cosmetically, and either inside or outside. In this post, we’ll look at everything from light switches and GFCIs to back up generators and panel upgrades.
Best Electrical Upgrades for 2023
- Get a Backup Generator for the Winter
- It’s not too late to protect yourself from winter-related power outages by installing a backup generator. This is a wonderful idea if you rely on electronic equipment for work, or need to keep emergency medical equipment running for elderly relatives.
- Add More GFCI Protection to Your Home
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs) are some of the most important safety components for any building. Not every home has enough of these for all the outlets in places with heavy energy usage.
- Install New Light Switches
- There are a lot of novel ways to improve your interior/exterior ambiance with light switches that dim or adjust to meet your desired lighting outcomes. This includes smart lighting switches, dimmer switches, and three-way panel switches.
- Install a New Home Security System
- Teague Electric also has a department dedicated to security systems (both residential and commercial focused). It’s an outstanding way to protect your family with surveillance cameras, fire alarm apparatuses, and other features that you coordinate into one home automation framework.
A Few Other Ideas
Then there are a few other ways you can enhance your home heading into 2023. Depending on the condition of your home, it may be time to replace or add more surge protection, and even explore a possible panel upgrade. If you aren’t sure, one of our electricians can visit your home and audit your electrical usage and make suggestions. Those are some hot-ticket items if your home is older or has outdated components. There are, however, other aesthetic and recreational things you can do to add home value and increase quality of life.
- New LED lights for your pool, spa, or hot tub.
- Recessed lighting to illuminate your driveway or various stairways.
- Electrical charging stations (for your laptops, phones, and other devices).
- Consider new ways to match the lights in your kitchen with the rest of your home decor (i.e., cool white lights for kitchen tasks).
- Also, if you’re at a loss for ideas, check out this previous article we wrote on reasons to buy high-quality lighting for your home.
Most of These Items are not DIY Projects
While anyone can enhance their home by tossing together some strand lighting on their patio overhang, many electrical upgrades require an electrician. This is always true for major upgrade tasks like panel upgrades, generator installations, re-wiring, and so forth.
Fortunately, once you get these electrical items in place, they’re fairly easy to maintain by oneself. Generators, for example, only require quick verifications once in a while. Just don’t forget to call us for a home inspection every so often.
Call us at Teague Electric for Help with These Electrical Upgrades for 2023
Teague Electric is Kansas City’s most sought after electrical company for all these important upgrade tasks and several others we didn’t mention. If you’d like to learn more about our services, please browse the rest of our website or drop us a line anytime.
Our team of licensed electricians has grown exponentially since the company’s humble beginnings all the way back in 1978. You can verify our commitment to 100% customer satisfaction by reviewing our positive customer reviews. Teague Electric maintains active membership with numerous trade groups (such as the Home Builders Alliance), and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Contact us anytime to learn how to install these fantastic electrical upgrades for 2023 into your Kansas City home.