How much does it cost to install new lighting in Kansas City?
This may be on your mind if you want to boost your home value, improve a couple of poorly lit rooms, or put together the perfect outdoor patio. Regardless of your motivations, it always helps to have a budget, which implies that you know the common cost ranges for these tasks. While we can’t give you exact figures in a blog post, we can provide guidelines before meeting with you in person for a free quote.
How Do We Determine the Cost to Install New Lighting?
The cost of indoor and outdoor lighting has a lot to do with the fixtures and improvements you select. Some things cost more than others but the cost of installation will usually range from $100 to $1,000. So, it’s not a cheap task, but new lighting options are available for folks with different budget constraints.
Here are the price ranges you find for selected lighting upgrades:
- Ceiling Lights – $90 to $200
- Pendant Lights – $95 to $250
- Recessed Lights – $175 to $225
- Track Lights – $100 to $250
- Mounted Lights – $90 to $200
- Dimmer Switch Upgrades – $75 to $150
- Ceiling Junction Boxes – $75 to $250
Even with these estimates, costs may vary depending on the age of your home, the condition of the wires, and whether you need other service upgrades. Also, the volume of lights will obviously drive costs higher, too. Regarding bulb quality, you can expect a higher price for LEDs over other bulb styles because they last longer, do a better job, and consume less energy.
Many Ways to Upgrade Lights Around Your Home
Don’t let this deter you from pursuing a major lighting project, though. As we’ve discussed in previous posts, there are many reasons to buy high-quality lighting for your home. Below is a brief list of the ways you can augment your house with fantastic lighting improvements:
- Ambient Lighting
- Accent Lighting
- Task Lighting
- Landscape Lighting
- Bathroom Lighting
- . . . and more!
Benefits to Upgrading to LED Lighting for Your Kansas City Home
One of the best ways to upgrade your lighting is to make the switch to LED fixtures in as many areas as possible. This isn’t the only way to add home value or energy efficiency with new lighting, but there are compelling reasons to start with this approach.
- When we say they’re energy efficient, we mean six times better than traditional incandescent bulbs. That’s the savings you’ll get on your power bill, which makes the cost of pricier bulbs more than worth it. In a matter of months, you’ll notice the ROI from LED lights.
- They last a long time! The average life cycle for an LED bulb is almost 80,000 hours (or about nine years).
- They’re a lot sturdier than the old filament-based bulbs that break all the time.
- Since they rely on a lower voltage, they don’t get as hot, and are a much lower risk for fire.
- LED lights are also nice and compact, which gives you a lot of maneuverability and versatility. You can stick them in even smaller spots where you could fit a traditional bulb.
Contact Teague Electric for Lighting Upgrades & More!
Teague Electric can help you upgrade to LED lights, install home automation, rewire your house, and many other electrical services. These are not the most DIY-friendly tasks in the world, so we hope you’ll remember us for professional service.
Everybody who works for us receives licensing and on-the-job training that guarantees their proficiency in complex electrical work. We never recommend hiring a handyman any more than trying to do it yourself. It’s a much safer move to select a company, like ours, which enjoys lots of consumer praise and recognition.
Contact Teague Electric today for a reliable quote on the cost to install new lighting in your home.