Let’s go over some of the most effective ways to reduce energy usage in your Kansas City home. We’re expecting this to be a huge issue this winter when furnaces and heaters become essential. The good news is that you don’t have to succumb to astronomical energy bills if you follow these helpful conservation techniques.
The Best Ways to Reduce Energy Usage
These are the best ways to lower energy usage in your home. First, let’s focus on tips that directly relate to electrical components.
- Make sure you’re using LED lights often. They cost more than incandescent bulbs, but they’re well worth it in the long run because they use way less electricity. We even have a specific service page dedicated to better lighting control and LED installation.
- Install automatic light sensors that make lights turn off when you’re not nearby.
- Investigate smart thermostat options that can help regulate your HVAC system better.
- Unplug unused items, or better yet, use a power strip to turn off several appliances at once when you’re done with them. This is great for kitchen gadgets you only need a couple of times each day.
- Consider other electrical renovations like panel upgrades to ensure better operations from your house’s electrical system.
Other Good Habits to Reduce Electricity
Then there are other good habits that will help you lower your energy consumption. Don’t forget that many of these tips work just as well for businesses as they do for homeowners.
- Shut off your computer at night. They have screensavers for a reason, and it’s because they really chew through electricity. You can go the extra mile and shut them off entirely.
Bonus: You can also do this with your Internet router.
- Turn off all unused lights, especially when you leave the room.
- Consider alternatives to lamps and direct lighting, including natural light.
- Select energy-efficient appliances with high Energy Star ratings.
- Use cold water for your laundry machine as much as possible.
- Don’t forget to change AC and furnace filters frequently.
- Reduce the workload for your freezer and refrigerator by not leaving the doors open too long.
When in Doubt: Get an Electrical Inspection
Another great way to gain control over this problem is to call us for a home safety inspection. Chances are, if you’re suffering from inflated energy costs, then your electrical equipment shares part of the blame. Aside from that, there are several benefits to having a licensed electrician inspect your home.
- You have an old home and need to get it up to code for safety and energy-saving purposes.
- You’re experiencing lots of electrical problems, ranging from flickering lights to sparks flying from your outlets.
- There are a lot of other hazards like hot switches, loose wires, or even burnt wires.
- Perhaps you just remodeled your home. Then it’s a great idea to have a professional verify that the electrical structures are still in good working order.
You can learn even more about these significant benefits by reading our article on the six reasons to have a home electrical inspection.
Reduce Energy Usage with the Help of Teague Electric in KC
Now is the time to make your home energy efficient heading into the chilly Kansas City winter. Although it’s common for circuit breakers to struggle when temperatures plummet, you don’t have to accept inefficiencies as a fait accompli. Let Teague Electric get your breakers, outlets, wires, and everything else working well for you.
If you’re wondering about our workmanship and customer service, then we encourage you to look around our website for glowing testimonials. That’s how you know we do good work that makes a tangible difference for homes and businesses.
Contact Teague Electric for outstanding maintenance service that will help you reduce energy usage in your home.