You should never hire a Kansas City electrician without researching their credentials, work history, and specializations. Electrical work requires lots of attention to detail, which is why electricians spend hours in trade school and under apprenticeship before perfecting their skill set. These are the questions you should ask your electrician before hiring them for an important service or installation task.
Ask These Questions When Searching for a Quality Kansas City Electrician
- Do you have proper licensing to perform electrical installation and repair?
- Can you prove that you have adequate insurance for liability?
- What are your credentials? Do you have any certifications?
- How long would it take you to do the *insert service you need* for my home?
- Can you lay out all the fees and costs for this service?
- What are your specialties as an electrician?
- Do you offer service warranties for your work?
There are other important questions, but hopefully, this shows you how to screen for electrician candidates. Most expensive business transactions involve relationship building, and electrical services are no exception.
What are the Qualities of a Good Electrician?
How do you distinguish a good electrician from a mediocre one? When you meet with a contractor, see if you can spot these qualities of a good electrician:
- They have plenty of experience doing an array of electrical tasks. This is not something you can perfect after two weeks of binging on DIY electrical tutorials online. It takes multiple years of training under the tutelage of other electricians.
- Electricians should arrive on time. Punctuality is not as common nowadays, but Teague Electric makes it a focal point with our staff. Plus, if we’re running behind and cannot make it on time for an appointment, we’ll notify you in advance.
- You can also expect your electrician to have solid communication skills. It’s not enough to be savvy with wires, switches, and light bulbs. This is also a customer service business, which means our technicians will take the time to explain to you what they’re doing to your panels, breakers, and other electrical components.
- Electrical companies should have an excellent reputation, and you can check that by reading consumer reviews. The best contractors have at least a 4-star review status on sites like Google Reviews.
What Kind of Work Can a Trained Electrician Do?
The operative word is “trained,” of course. You should never perform electrical tasks by yourself or rely on a handyman to work on panels, wires, circuit breakers, or other components. With that in mind, Teague Electric specializes in many electrical service areas for both residential and commercial clients.
This includes installation work that will add lots of home value (i.e., new light fixtures, lights for your swimming pool, or Smart Lighting). It also covers repair tasks like wire service, panel upgrades, and home safety inspections. Our goal is to improve your home’s electricity from the perspectives of quality, safety, and energy efficiency.
Hire the Best Kansas City Electrician through Teague Electric
How do you know Teague Electric is your best chance of finding a reliable electrician that will show up on time? Check out our terrific review record on the website, GuildQuality. We have almost 2,000 reviews now, for an almost perfect aggregate score.
Customer feedback never lies, and if you’re still unconvinced, you can go through multiple pages of positive testimonials we compiled on our website. Finally, you can trust us because we’ve been in business since the late 1970s and possess an A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
If you’d like to hire a dedicated Kansas City electrician, then contact us today for outstanding electrical service.