Many of our Kansas City clients are after the best fixtures for high-quality lighting in their homes. There are numerous reasons this is important: safety, quality of life, better home value, and more. So, let’s look at all the potential benefits of installing better lighting in your home soon.
The Core Reasons for Getting High-Quality Lighting
Indoor and outdoor lighting quality make a vast difference in the living conditions within your home. Even for nothing more than energy efficiency, there are hosts of great reasons to make upgrades. Take, for example, LED lighting. It’s become so popular in the past few decades because LED bulbs are six times more efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs.
Then there are other benefits to purchasing better lights such as safer fixtures, a more enjoyable living ambiance, and even greater productivity when you work from home. Yes, it’s true! If you want to perform better in today’s culture of remote working, it helps to get your lighting right and stop squinting at your computer screen.
It’s important to remember that lighting accounts for a huge portion of our overall energy consumption. This is true of homes and businesses alike. Commercial businesses devote 40% of their energy costs to lighting alone. However, by retrofitting old lights with highly efficient lighting, businesses can lower energy consumption by about 50%.
High-Quality Lighting: Exterior Options Too
There are even more reasons to buy better lights, particularly for outdoor purposes.
- Exterior lights help you deter vandals, pranksters, thieves, and other troublemakers.
- Did you know you can lower your insurance premiums by installing outdoor lights for better security?
- Estimates show a potential 20% increase in home value when you install quality lighting around your house.
- It can make it easier to sell your home, especially if you need to catch up with your neighbors in terms of home value and aesthetics.
- Do you like having outdoor get-togethers? We all do, but it’s disappointing when you can’t stay outside in the evening because of shabby lighting.
- Exterior lighting, especially for front porches, porticos, driveways, and walkways, can make your home appear more inviting and trustworthy.
What About Smart Lighting?
Have you ever heard of smart lighting?
It’s a newer way to manage the lights and other electrical systems in your home to save lots of money with less wasted energy. We recently wrote a post on the 5 benefits of making the switch to smart lighting. Here are the key takeaways:
- You can control the lights in your home from anywhere with the aid of your smartphone. It syncs everything to a common electronically enabled system. There’s something called the “Connect4” system, which is easy to use, and it collaborates all of your important electrical features into a common, user-friendly control system.
- It’s a great way to reduce your power bill by only operating heating and AC when people occupy particular rooms.
- Don’t forget about music and other audio. Smart lighting can incorporate neat features like strobe lighting, music, and even disco effects for your evening parties.
Teague Electric: Your Kansas Source for All Lighting Upgrades
Teague Electric is at your service whether you wish to add smart lighting, LED lights, exterior lanterns, or anything else to your home. We have a large team of technicians that specialize in everything from rewiring and panel upgrades to security systems and home theaters.
Since you can count on us for any electrical task, we invite you to speak with one of our service representatives to determine exactly what you want for your home. We won’t pressure you into anything and we honor all service warranties for everything we do.
Contact Teague Electric for a high-quality lighting installation for homes and businesses in the KC metro area.