Many Kansas City homeowners like to optimize their exterior premises with enhancements such as outdoor entry light. It’s a terrific way to make your home safer, more inviting, and more appealing all at once.
This encompasses everything from the lighting around your front door, front porch, and even the back patio. Check out these awesome ideas for modern exterior lighting.
Try These Outdoor Entry Light Ideas
Indoor and outdoor lighting is one of our specialities at Teague Electric. The first thing you should do is figure out what you wish to enhance around your exterior. Perhaps you want to make it easier to see when it’s dark and you’re carrying groceries through the front door at night.
Front door lighting gives you plenty of nice options such as lantern lights, pendant lights, and even well-placed strand lights. You should always consider how these would match your home architecture to avoid putting together something that stands out awkwardly. Don’t forget to look at your entire outdoor atmosphere and determine how to weave together different sources of ambient lighting with some subtle accent lighting.
Another popular idea is to install solar-powered light fixtures. Some of those items we mentioned could work with a solar-powered arrangement. Just temper your expectations because they might not provide exactly the light output you desire.
Benefits to Installing Brand New Outdoor Entry Light Sources
You should also consider all the benefits of installing new lights to enhance your home exterior. This might motivate you to pursue this task sooner.
- It’s one of the best ways to enjoy much higher outdoor curb appeal. Whenever you do that, you inevitably build your home value, too.
- Outdoor lighting deters burglars, improves security, and your home insurance company may lower your premiums after you add it.
- If you install LED light bulbs, you can do all this without incurring a higher power bill.
- You won’t have to worry about tripping on the way into your house if you get better lighting. This is especially true if you install waterproof strip lighting around your exterior steps.
Revolutionize Your Home with Smart Lighting
If you’re still after ideas for how to optimize your home lighting, then consider smart lighting, where all your fixtures integrate into a common control system. It’s a fantastic way to customize your indoor and outdoor ambiance, and enjoy an incredible array of settings. Here are a few reasons to consider smart lighting:
- Gain control of lights from any location, including away from your home through your smartphone.
- You can manage both your lights and the music from your stereo system from one common source. This works great for entertaining guests on your back patio.
- This lets you fully master how much energy your home consumes. It results in a much lower utility bill.
- Many homeowners also coordinate their smart lighting with their home security system. Teague Electric would be more than happy to set this up for you and show you to troubleshoot it.
Call Teague Electric for Help with Indoor and Outdoor Lighting
Most of these lighting upgrades will require help from a trained electrician. Therefore, you’ll want to remember us if you live in the KC metro area and decide to put in new lights. It’s worth the investment to install outdoor lights and/or smart lighting the right way the first time.
Teague Electric has one of the best service ratings for any electrical repair business in Kansas City. You don’t have to take our word for it when you can check our profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), where you’ll find that we rarely get customer complaints.
Contact us today to discuss your options for outdoor entry lighting or anything else involving electrical system upgrades.